Wednesday, November 25, 2020




Title: The Intern
Author: Serena Akeroyd
Genre: MM Romance
Cover Design: Paul Stevens
Photo: Wander Aguiar
Model: Lucas Loyola
Release Date: December 15, 2020


BLURB

Devlin 
Sex comes with a price tag. 
One I’m quite willing to pay. 
In fact, I prefer it. 
It’s easier that way, and in my life, I prefer ease. Prefer for most things to be transactional. 
So when the intern disrupts my day, I’m not happy about it. I have a dark and dirty little secret he knows about. One that could destroy my reputation in a world where reputation is everything. 
That makes him dangerous. 
He could ruin me professionally, wreck my life, but the touch of his mouth to mine, the feel of him in my arms—they’re all I can think about. 
I’m intoxicated. 
Drunk on him, when I’ve always been sober. 

Micah 
I’m gay. 
The freedom in admitting that is intoxicating. Enough to make me feel drunk with the relief of finally being myself. 
But what feels better? 
Devlin. 
He’s my boss. He holds my future in his hands in more ways than he knows, but he isn’t as free as I am. Doesn’t have the same freedom I do to own up to what he is. 
Because of that, I know I’m losing him. 
I can feel us becoming DOA. 
But is he worth fighting for when he won’t admit what I am to him? What we mean to one another? 
I guess you’ll have to read on to find out… 

THE INTERN is a standalone contemporary MM romance, with an easter egg for fans of Serena Akeroyd’s novels.







PRE-ORDER LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





EXCERPT

What I discerned from his emails was that he was smart, polite, instinctual, not in the habit of complaining about a workload he couldn’t have anticipated, and eager. 
But I’d known that already, hadn’t I? 
I almost shuddered at the thought, the same as I almost shuddered again when I looked at him. 
He was beautiful. 
Absolutely fucking beautiful. 
I’d never thought a man could be that. Not because I believed in outdated stereotypes or that beauty was a woman’s domain and not a guy’s. But because I looked to men for certain things, and appearances rarely mattered. 
In the dark, all sins were covered. 
Scars, tattoos, zits, the places I frequented when I was in a mood hid all those from sight. 
I went to dark rooms to be fucked. For the adrenaline rush. For the release. For the freedom to be me, a ‘me’ who could only ever be allowed out amid the shadows. For the danger. No holes barred, no rules... liberation in its purity. 
So, no, men to me weren’t about looking for some eye candy to drool over. If they had a cock, my ass was ready to be reamed. Simple as. 
But Micah proved me wrong. 
Green eyes that were like glass, skin like cream, lips that were pillowy and reminded me of exactly why being sucked off by him was delicious... 
For a second, he was all I saw. In the cheap suit that was surprisingly smart, in the colors that offset his hair and skin tone, that made his eyes pop even greener in the light from the wall of windows behind me... It was like some mystical creature had wandered through my doors. 
Then Sadie cleared her throat, drawing my attention her way. 
I blinked, spied her confusion, and beamed a smile at her. It was her turn to blink, before she licked her lips and a little breathily asked, “Would you like coffee, sir?” 
“Please. What would you like to drink?” 
“Sadie knows my preferences. Thank you,” Micah said to me, before casting her a look that encompassed his gratitude to my receptionist. 
Something had changed in his posture, flittering from nerves at being called into my office—interns were so beyond my radar this meeting was a joke—to agitated. 
He twisted to watch Sadie go, saw her peer back at me with a fleeting glance that spoke of her crush on me, and the next time he glanced my way, I saw his pique. 
Understood it. 
What stunned me was that I wasn’t mad...






AUTHOR BIO


Born in England, Serena Akeroyd is a true romance bookaholic. As a reader she will not touch a book unless she knows it has a happy ending, which makes her write the endings that your heart craves! This addiction, made her want to craft stories to suit her voracious need for steamy, sexy romance. She loves to write stories with plots twists, alpha sexy men, dark humor, and hot AF love scenes. Some are darker than others as she has a taste for the weird and the unexpected. 

She writes MF, Menage and Reverse Harem (also known as Why Choose romance) in both con-temporary and paranormal. But she has recently decided to concentrate more on contemporary MF stories, mainly with A Dark and Dirty Sinners’ MC Series and The Filthy Feckers Series.


AUTHOR LINKS


No comments:

Post a Comment